All clients asked to receive the questions on a Friday afternoon, and not on a Monday morning. (Here’s the argument for either Monday or Friday questions.):
Here are your Friday Questions.
Note: Use the questions in brackets to drive you to deeper reflection. You will benefit if you also answer them in writing.
Note: It takes discipline to turn this weekly reflection into a habit. And it takes commitment to self-improvement to make this work for you.
- What did you succeed at or achieve this past week? (Why does it matter? How does it make a difference? Who cares?)
- What had you planned to do or to achieve this week, but did not? (Why not? Must it still be done or can it be forgotten? If so, why? Do you see a difference between “planned to do” and “want to achieve”?)
- What did you fail at this past week? (What were the consequences? Was it private or public? What lesson did it teach you? Why does the lesson matter?)
- What surprised you, or caught you unprepared, this past week? (Why were you surprised? Why were you unprepared?)
- What important or mutually beneficial relationship changed this week? (Why is this relationship important? In what way is it mutually beneficial? Did it change for better or for worse? In what manner?)
Bonus Question: What had you worried or concerned, but never happened? (Why were you worried or concerned? Was it something you could control (in your power) or were you truly helpless (a pawn)? Did it trigger guilt or fear or both?)