The original Friday Trigger Questions began as the “Monday Coach Questions” emailed to each client. Next clients had to choose between getting the questions on Monday mornings or on Friday afternoons.
Here is the original email, sent out to clients on 18 February 2019:
It is time.
Time for us to use a framework to help us be (even more) focused in how we work together.
I will ask you the same questions every Monday morning, early. (My email might even be automated.)
I expect you to think about all of them.
I would like you to respond by answering as many as you are willing and able to answer.
You may answer directly in this email under each question. Or you may send me a new email.
- What did you succeed at or achieve last week that made a difference?
- What did you fail at last week?
- What surprised you, or caught you unprepared, last week?
- What are you planning to do (achieve) this coming week? Why?
- What worries you about this coming week? Why?
Bonus question: What (important lesson) did you learn last week? Why does this matter?